Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 11

Today marks 11 days from the first day after the diet plan was posted. I would love to hear your feedback.
1) How do you feel?
2) Have you lost weight?
3)Do you have more energy?
4) Have nagging aches and pains subsided?
5) Did your desire for sweets and carbs do you in?
6) How are you coping with your cravings?
7) Have you enlisted the help of some outside support?
8) How do your workouts feel?
9) How does food taste to you?
Please comment and post your answers.
I'll go first!
1)Despite the onslaught of the female cycle, and the effects of a busy January, I feel great. My skin is clearer, I wake up in the morning devoid of puffiness (in my face, feet, and hands), and feel, in a general, a sense of calmness.
2)Using the female excuse I've still managed to lose 3lbs.
3) I do have more energy and haven't felt the need to rely on any afternoon caffeine :)
4) My plantar fasciitis that has hung around since June; miraculously went away when I got rid of gluten and added the Athletic Greens supplementation. Upon cheating and having two general bad eating days this past Sunday and Monday my foot pain reappeared. After a great day yesterday and today it feels fine and I have no pain at all! (I can't believe this!!!).
5) Yes, I'm quite addicted but am doing much better. Sweets and carbs were my daily staples. 6) Whenever a I get an urge for something sweet I grab a few pecans, eat a spoonful of almond butter, or drink an Orange flavored Prograde shake. (looking forward to cracking open the chocolate).
7) Outside support: well, quite honestly it is very motivating to me to hear how each and every one of you is doing. I'm very impressed with those of you that have shared and hope that you will continue to do so.
8) My workouts started off horribly. Gosh I sure was efficient at burning those carbs... not so much with burning fats. My heart rate was elevated and I felt dizzy. To combat this I've started drinking my protein shake during my workout if I had not eaten within two hours beforehand; and this has helped tremendously.
9) Call me crazy, but I can't believe how good a nice salad tastes and how strong the flavors of each veggie are. Meat has never tasted better either! When I did cheat and have some bread with peanut butter on Sunday I was a bit taken back at how processed and salty the bread tasted. I even smelled the bread to see if it was rotten because it almost tasted as if it had rotten butter or something on it. Very strange as it was the same bread I had eaten in the past and I never noticed this before...

Thank you for reading & I'm looking forward to and appreciate your comments!

3 comments:

dfess said...

OK here goes:
1) How do you feel? Actually I'm feeling a little worse. Somehow I contacted a cold or got some allergies that keep me coughing. I finally got my Athletic Greens on Monday evening so I started it on Tuesdays. Hopefully it will help. I've gone to King Spa twice to try and sweat out the toxins too. Actually just today, I feel like my mind is clearing and I can focus a little better. I hope it's because of the Athletic Greens!
2) Have you lost weight? I've lost 2 lbs so far!
3)Do you have more energy? No, about the same.
4) Have nagging aches and pains subsided? I don't have any so I guess so.
5) Did your desire for sweets and carbs do you in? Desire for carbs gets me. I'm not a sweets person. But give me a cracker or a tater tot and I'm done in. The worst thing about a low carb diet, for me, is the yucky taste in my mouth. I've been chewing gum and drinking water like nobody's business to try and get rid of the taste to no avail.
6) How are you coping with your cravings? Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Days are relatively easy. Evenings are tough. Seems like there's a correlation between watching TV and needing to eat. I've tried carrots, olives, pickle slices, blueberries and apples, but sometimes I need a cracker (or 10!). If I could drink water late at night that might help but then I'd have to get up during the night.
7) Have you enlisted the help of some outside support? Just Jacqui right now. I'd like to find some recipes for food that I can grab 'n go with. I don't like the idea of having to spend time cooking each night.
8) How do your workouts feel? My workouts feel great. I can tell a little bit of improvement in my stamina.
9) How does food taste to you? No different really.

Unknown said...

1) How do you feel? I feel good, not too differently!
2) Have you lost weight? Yes, I have lost about 3 lbs, I need to weigh on Jacqui's scale to be for sure.
3)Do you have more energy? about the same
4) Have nagging aches and pains subsided? I actually have the same weird foot pain, I think that the pain is not as bad but alas it is still there at times!
5) Did your desire for sweets and carbs do you in? I am definitely ready for some carbs and sweets. I haven't had any yet, and boy was I happy to get the chocolate protein shake! Who knew that is what I would look forward to at the end of the day, lol! I am also like David in that I am craving some crackers or chips, but I just have some mixed nuts and try to forget about it.
6) How are you coping with your cravings? I have done well with cravings, peanut butter has been my savior. I have let into my cravings with wine however. I knew going in that I would be setting myself up for failure if I even tried to pretend that I could go without. But I am trying to limit it to one glass in the evening! (more than on the weekends)
7) Have you enlisted the help of some outside support? I have also just spoke to Jacqui and I am sure she is wishing someone else would be my support so that I would stop asking her so many questions, lol! My husband is also doing the 3 week plan with me so that has helped immensely.
8) How do your workouts feel? HARD, I still feel much more winded after a run. I am hoping that having my protein shake before, during, and after my workout will help with that.
9) How does food taste to you? Food has never tasted bad to me!!!! Hints the reason I am doing this 3 week plan!

Thais said...

1.How do you feel? I feel a bit...deprived. My mind is cloudy at times. Most likely when I haven't had enough to eat of what I CAN eat. I honestly think life is just not as much fun without my carbs and sweets. I've been good though and haven't caved yet.
2.Have you lost weight? Pretty certain I have. Clothes fit better. Tummy is flatter. Still so much to do though. At least I'm leaning in the right direction. I'd really rather be more muscley than weigh less on the scale.
3.Do you have more energy? At first I was a mess! I'm good now. Mentally I'm sad- cake was my friend. Physically I feel inspired to keep going, though it is enormously hard for me.
4.Have nagging aches and pains subsided? Happy to report none to be had.
5. Did your desire for sweets and carbs do you in? No, haven't caved yet....although I am almost constantly on the verge! I literally dream of chocolate! I am a TRUE ADDICT! I am fighting a mental battle on this one. I am scared to take one bite or I may binge! It may sound nuts but sugar is my challenge. Life does not hold that shine without it. I am shocked this aspect has not gotten one bit better! Ugh.
6.How are you coping with cravings? I eat something protein. Hand full nuts or spoon of cashewbutter.( love that stuff!)
7.Have you enlisted help? My husband sticks with me, that helps alot. Jacqui mostly. It's a tough challenge and I love a tough challenge. I like to see if I can do it so mostly I just suffer through it. And at this moment I really feel like I'm suffering. Doing this vegetarian isn't easy.
8.How do workouts feel? Go figure, on that one I'm beginning to feel a lot of power. I have moment of shakiness but over all i may be doing some of the hardest work outs I've done in a long time. After though, I'm SHOT, give me my bed!
9.How does food taste? Nothing I eat now taste anywhere near the luxury of c.a.k.e. Period.